Tired of the disrespect, defiance, and total lack of communication with your teen? Or maybe your teenager is struggling with depression, anxiety, or changes at home or school? Learn how Teen Counseling can help your Teen and Family…
- Improve open communication
- Teach your teenager to manage symptoms of Anxiety or Depression
- Reduce family conflicts
- Help your teen improve Self-Esteem
- Eliminate Self-Harm behaviors
Counselors at Tender Hearts are experienced with Teen and Adolescent issues that may need to be addressed with Teen counseling and Family Counseling. Family Counselors working with this age-group use Evidence-Based Treatments when applicable and frequently use a combination of Individual Teen Counseling and Family Counseling to address a variety of teen and adolescent issues.
Common Areas We Frequently Address with Teen Counseling and Family Counseling:
- Communication Issues (lack of open communication between teen and parents)
- Parent-Teen Relationship Issues (defiance, disrespect, refusal to follow household rules)
- Substance Abuse (alcohol, marijuana, other drug use)
- School Issues (poor grades, behavioral issues, issues with authority figures, poor attendance, peer pressure)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Anger Management
- Depression (withdrawal, relationship issues, poor social skills)
- Low Self-Esteem (poor body image, feelings of inadequacy)
- Anxiety (social anxiety, test anxiety)
- Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binging, purging)
- Grief and Loss
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Physical and Sexual Abuse
The teenage years are often a time of turmoil and confusion for both teens and parents. Our Teen Counseling and Family Counseling experts can help your family learn to communicate better, reduce disrespectful interactions, and strengthen family relationships. Or your teenager may be struggling with a life transition, Anxiety, or Depression and just need a little professional support to learn to cope more effectively.
What are typical results of Teen Counseling?
- More open communication between you and your teen
- No more fighting or arguing with a defiant teenager who shows you absolutely no respect
- Your teen can learn effective coping strategies to better manage symptoms of Anxiety or Depression
- Your teen can gain professional support during stressful life transitions, such as a loss or with parents’ divorce
Why choose Tender Hearts Child Therapy Center for Teen Counseling?
- You will get the financial benefit of working with an In-Network Provider in most cases. Our Teen Counselors and Family Counselors are Credentialed with most major insurance companies
- We value your time and always treat you with respect. We understand that your time is very valuable and our Counselors won’t keep you waiting. Our policy is to begin and end all counseling sessions promptly
- We rely on Evidence-Based Treatments whenever possible so you will typically see the fastest, longest lasting results
- We offer the benefits of a larger facility with numerous Counselors on staff to best fit your needs, yet we’re not a community agency and you won’t find the sterile atmosphere that is commonplace in these settings
- You will enjoy our professional and relaxing waiting room before your session begins. Many of our clients comment that being in our office is like sitting in their own living room!
If you’re tired of the poor family communication and disrespectful, defiant interactions with your teenager, Call Us Today to see how Teen Counseling can help! Our Teen Counselors are also here to support your teen through stressful life changes or to teach coping skills that can help with Anxiety or Depression symptoms.